Why Consider Microarray Analysis for Miscarriages?
Most women do not realize that pregnancy loss occurs in approximately 1 in 5 pregnancies. If you have experienced one or more miscarriages, you are not alone. For many women, one of the first questions they ask their doctors is “Why did this happen?”, and then “Will this happen again?” CombiMatrix offers microarray testing on miscarriage tissue to try to help you and your doctor find answers to those questions.
Microarray testing can help you:
- Find out if your miscarriage was due to a chromosomal abnormality
- Learn whether there is an increased risk of miscarriage or of chromosome problems for future pregnancies
- Work through the grieving process by answering the question “why?”
How is Microarray Testing Performed?
Microarray testing for pregnancy loss can be performed on two sample types:
- Fresh miscarriage tissue (preferred)
- Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) miscarriage tissue
Test results are usually available within 7-10 days from the time the sample is received by our laboratory. Your doctor will review the test results with you and address any questions you may have.
How Can You Request Microarray Testing?
If you are interested in having your miscarriage sample tested, speak to your doctor. Test order forms can be found online. If your doctor has questions about ordering testing, he or she can contact CombiMatrix directly.
Miscarriage Analysis Literature:
If you still have questions or want to learn more, please speak with your primary care provider or genetic counselor about microarray.